Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pimping the tent: more crazy coming up!

So we got our tent in time for last week's Weinachtsmarkt over at New World Brewery.  Organized by the talented and fabulous Amy of AmyJeanDesigns, the event was well attended and chock-full of awesome vendors.  We love hanging out a t New World, and this is one of our favorite events.  Come to think of it, it was the first one I did when I got back to Tampa, so there: sentimental value!




Anyhoo, the tent went up with less fuss than anticipated, and came down the same way.  It took some finagling to get it in and out of the car, but it was still do-able.  (Counting that as a win.)



Now it's time to pretty the Tent of Much Deliberation up a smidge, so I'm playing around with bunting ideas.  And, of course, dropcloths.  Because, seriously, where else can you get that kind of durability and yardage for cheap?  (Word to the wise: don't "save" by buying your drop cloths at Harbor Freight.  They're not washable, unless you're a huge fan of shrinkage.  Mind you, I still shop there for a host of other things, but I learned the hard way to stick with Home Depot for the drop cloths.) 


Back to the bunting.  The plan---oh, the plan!--is to make a ton of pennants and string them up all pretty-like in the tent.  But the beauty of this idea is that I'm going to put a different fandom symbol on each triangle.  Naturally, this is going to be something of an evolving project, but I'm SO psyched about it, I can hardly wait to get started! 


Pictures soon.  Well, as soon as I can figure how to get the blogger app to work...things have changed since my days over at littlegreenbums, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment