Friday, December 5, 2014

Thrift Score

I've been out of thrift mode for the past month or so---markets and inventory building, blah, blah, blah---but I made a rare foray into the slightly funky-smelling aisles of my favorite shop yesterday.  It was a good trip, yielding some bed risers I've been trying not to buy retail for a whopping $2.82, a few tops, and a kick-ass purse that will hold all the crap I need on a daily basis without being a backpack.  Also a slew of books (some for los ninos, and some to reincarnate as pendants.)

I know the idea of buying things as therapy is appalling, and in general, that's not how I roll.  But the whole experience of a thrift run is so good for my brain---the anticipation, the aisle-combing, and the "hmm...what could we do with this?" aspect of things---and it never fails to improve my mood.

Yup, I'm a cheap date.

No comments:

Post a Comment